Do you have a severely infected, decayed or damaged tooth? Think you may need a tooth extraction? At Thorncliffe Dental Centre we are proud to offer simple, surgical and even wisdom tooth extractions for our patients in need.
Simple Tooth Extractions
A simple tooth extraction can be performed when a tooth is visible, not decayed or damaged and is fully erupted.
Surgical Tooth Extractions
A surgical tooth extraction may be required in the event a tooth has become decayed or damaged, along with teeth that have not fully erupted and are not visible.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
- Bite gently on the gauze pad periodically and change pads as they become soaked with blood. While your mouth is numb, be careful not to bite the inside of your cheek or lip or your tongue.
- Try using an ice pack on the outside of your cheek.
- Relax after surgery. Physical activity may increase bleeding.
- Eat soft foods, such as gelatin, pudding, or a thin soup. Gradually add solid foods to your diet as healing progresses.
- Do not use a straw for the first few days.
- After the first day, gently rinse your mouth with warm salt water several times a day to reduce swelling and relieve pain.
- Do not smoke for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- Avoid rubbing the area with your tongue or touching it with your fingers.
- Continue to brush your teeth and tongue carefully.
Schedule A Consultation With Us Today
Think a tooth extraction may be the best decision for your oral health? Schedule an appointment with Thorncliffe Dental Centre today! We would be more than happy to evaluate your affected tooth to determine if an extraction may be the best option for you.